Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

8.29.2007

Things go as planned?

Well I orignally started this post on 8.29 and istead of trying to pick up were I left off, I just thought I would start over! :)
So here goes....lets see if I finish this time!

Things go as planned....isn't that a nice Concept?? Well thats all it is...a concept. Last week I had planned on coming home and writing a post about a trip we took out to the land fill (that post will still be coming), but when I pulled up to the house I noticed the sidewalk was all wet and Joe's car was parked pretty crooked and his door was still open. Then I walked in the front door and found water standing in the entry way! Apparently sometime during the day one of our toliet supply lines broke and flooded parts of the house!! Joe had found out because his mom called him to let him know that the mailman called to let us know water was flowing out of our house. He knew our neighbors which know Judy and knew where she worked. Now I know what some of yall are thingking..."Kari, dont you work with your mother-in-law....why didnt she tell you since you were just in the office above her?" Well the answer is...my Mother-in-Law knows me well enough to know that I would have freaked out and speed all the way home crying...so she called Joe and just let him handling my crying when I got home :) So I grabbed the camera took some pictures and called the insurance company. Luckly we did have water damage coverage and were able to get all the damages covered. Now we just have to pull up all the lamiate and decide what we want to do.... Course thats all easier to say than actually do. I'm almost done pullling up the floor and we still havn't decided for sure...do we just relay new laminate or stain the concrete and lust put down big rugs...since we are still trying to sale the house anyways.

I would post the pictures I took but I dont know hot to resize them with any of the programs I have on this Mac...as long as I've had this thing you would think I could something as simple as resize a picture! :) Oh well....

6 Comments:

  • I don't handle emergency situations very well either, Kari. No shame in it! I'm just glad your insurance will cover it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 07, 2007 9:54 PM  

  • I'm sorry - I hate plumbing. I hate anything that can cause water damage. We had a hot water heater go kaflooey and flood half the house several years ago. Good luck - I know Joe has been working like crazy lately, it's that time of year. Dee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 07, 2007 10:05 PM  

  • Oh Lord, you all too!!! Well, now I am so glad that I have carpet. When it happened to me I just called my three kids and them and son-in-law Larry came running and sucked up all the water with their shop vacs. 48 hours and 5 fans running 24 hours a day and it is all dry and the carpet is cleaner then it was. I am so proud of my kids. 1 bathroom, 1 bed room, 2 closets and part of the hall standing in water. I finally got moved back in 5 days later. But the lamiate was a different story. I had coverage also but the kids did the work. Thanks to the 4 kids that worked so hard to get it all taken care of.
    I am so sorry it happened to you. Thank you Mr. Postman for being so nice and sending out the alarm. My love, Mom/Mema

    By Blogger Mema, at September 07, 2007 10:38 PM  

  • Oh dear! What a pain! But I'm glad you got insurance to pay for it. And Joe's mom is pretty smart, huh? :)

    By Blogger Dan, at September 11, 2007 4:17 PM  

  • I can relate to that scene.

    I know it will be beautiful no matter which way you go.

    Love ya

    Aunt Darlene

    By Blogger Darlene, at September 12, 2007 5:18 PM  

  • Still waiting on the land-fill story... :)

    By Blogger Denise, at September 12, 2007 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge