Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

4.24.2007

No Power

Well our power is out so I have nothing to do but sit here and type up a blog post…of course I can’t actually post the post until we have power…so for now its just in word ☺
So I actually have some time where I have nothing to do…let me rephrase that…I have a lot to do but I cant do anything!!! How did people live without electricity?!? Anyway…. Will Someone PLEASE tell me what it is with people littering!?!?! Since we were without power and nothing to do Joe and I decided to run to Sonic and get some drinks and some fresh air (he hasn’t been feeling well today), and while we are sitting there I watched as the guy in the back seat of a pick-up reaches around the front seat and throws him hamburger wrapper out the front window!? All I could think was what the h***!?!?! I mean it wasn’t like opps…didn’t mean to drop that…it was…hhmm…I don’t want to hold on to this and put it in the trash later…Hey that area right outside the window looks like a pretty good trash can! What would Confucius say if he saw how we treat Mother Nature?! Think of the most beautiful picturesque site you can imagine and then throw some trash in there….not as pretty anymore huh!? I know a lot of people probably think the Sonic workers will put it up…but first off really don’t you think they job is crappy enough? And sometimes they cant get the trash on a windy day. As Joe was driving down Clarksville the other day the driver of the car in front of him threw a diaper out the window. A Diaper!?!?! Yes a diaper!! Where they changing the kid now...or how long did that dirty thing sit in the car that they didn’t have the opportunity to throw it in a trash can earlier? Joe and I have been watching a show called Survivor Man where the guy. …can’t remember his name, I think its Les….anyways Les strands himself and tries to survivor for 7 days completely alone….and this guy finds litter in some pretty remote areas, such as deserted islands. And I cant tell you how many times I’ve picked trash out of David & Judy’s (Joe’s parents) yard and I know Larr & Christi get a lot of trash thrown in the yard too! So if anyone reading this post litters…Just stop it! ;) No really…if you’re in your car and you don’t know what else to do with your trash…throw it in the floorboard call me and I’ll come dispose of it properly for you. :D
But really in all seriousness don’t we owe it to Mother Nature to take a little better care of her? I don’t know about you but I don’t want my children playing in the park with trash all around. I want to see my grandchildren run through Bywaters and not have to think about the litter lying around them.

9 Comments:

  • After 2.5 hours of no power it finally came back on :) But its still raining so it will probably go out again :(

    By Blogger Kari, at April 24, 2007 9:48 PM  

  • Hey, I've lived in Paris and I remember at it doesn't necessarily have to be raining for the power or the cable for that matter to go out. Sometimes sunshine causes the same problem. :)
    We watch Survivor Man too. Neat show, but I think the guy is insane personally.
    Yeah, the littering thing is a bee in my bonnet as well. We get a lot of trash in our yard from the wind. Our yard somehow collects it. I'm surprised at some of the stuff I find with personal info on it.
    Love ya
    me

    By Blogger Tim and Melissa, at April 25, 2007 2:05 PM  

  • Sissy, I forgot you lived in this same Neighborhood so you know what I'm talking about with the power! :) I cant wait to move to 111....we are saving up to get solar so we dont have to deal with the power outage problems downtown! I hate TXU :D

    The power was actually out for about 3.5 hours last night...and then as I predicted, it went out agian at 10:30 and was still out when we went to bed.

    By Blogger Kari, at April 25, 2007 5:53 PM  

  • I have no idea how people get along without electricity. I can't. I can't even read by candle light. It's too dark!

    What's with people and littering? Beats me! But then again I think that most people themselves are litter. :)

    By Blogger Dan, at April 26, 2007 12:27 PM  

  • Yes I read your blog... just forget to comment sometimes. I can't believe we didn't lose power but yall did. Just seems backwards for some reason. Also remember we had the same rule for cable TV... is it raining? then the cable must be out... I can not understand how people can throw trash out their car windows & not ever think twice about it. If they are that thoughtless & careless about God's earth, what must their homes look like. Some place I wouldn't ever want to visit I'll bet...

    By Blogger Denise, at April 27, 2007 12:35 PM  

  • You didn't tell me you had moved to Scotland!! ;0)

    By Blogger mirk, at May 03, 2007 5:29 PM  

  • Still no power jeez :0(

    By Blogger mirk, at May 08, 2007 5:46 PM  

  • I still pop by

    By Blogger mirk, at May 12, 2007 2:53 PM  

  • Mirk, I wish we had moved to Scotland or at least were visiting!!

    I promise to make a new post tomorrow!!! :D

    By Blogger Kari, at May 13, 2007 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge