Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

7.24.2007

Tour de Paris

Well I'm starting to get emails asking bout the bike ride so I thought it was about time I let everyone know how it went!! :)
It started early for me and other volunteers, we had to be at the high school at 5:30 that morning, because riders would start coming in to register at 6:00. We ended up having 759 riders this year! At about 10 till 8:00 I headed out of the cafeteria to meet up with Mike, Crystal, Connor, and Brendan. And finally at 8:00 we took off. Mike and Connor took off a head of us and Crystal and I rode along with Brendan. It was nowhere near as hot as it was last year so that helped out a lot!! Once we got to the first rest stop I knew we weren’t going to turn back, it didn’t seem like he had gone near as far as we had last year, but it was in the exact same spot. We had a lot of fun! The countryside is actually kind of pretty out that way! Kind of smells from the cows every now and again but not to bad :) We stopped at every rest stop along our way to fill up on water and cookies! Brendan did ever better this year than last year! He never actually complained...only asked "how much longer till a rest stop?" It really was a great ride this year and I hope some of you will join us next year!! I can’t wait!! Just someone please remind me about that stupid stuff called sunscreen!!! ☹ I don’t have any pictures yet but if I get some I’ll post them later.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • What was the route?
    I'm proud of you!! Did you say it was 25 miles? WOW, not only am I proud of you, I'm impressed.
    Love ya
    Sissy

    By Blogger Tim and Melissa, at July 24, 2007 7:47 PM  

  • It was out 905 towards Biardstown or something like that :) Yeah it was 24 miles :D

    By Blogger Kari, at July 24, 2007 8:46 PM  

  • I'm very proud of you Kari! Very cool! I wish I lived closer. I would join you next year. And I'd bring Mirk. That would rule.

    By Blogger Dan, at August 17, 2007 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge