Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

4.10.2007

WE HAVE COLOR!!!!


I painted a few of the posts!!! We are going to be covering the floor and I really like the color we used so I made the suggestion of painting the columns that color!! And Joe actually went with it! ;)
AND I LOVE IT!!! It is going to be that punch of color I was looking for and I'm so excited to have all the painting done!


The cream is what is going to go on all the walls. And we wont be painting over the places where brick is exposed.



These are the racks that Joe and I built for the molding. They sit where those offices that we took out originally were. For those of you who might not know (Mirk & Dan ;)) we are going to be running a custom picture framing shop on the bottom floor.


And here is Joe's bench!! he has been looking forward to this thing for a long time!! Its HUGE! Its 46 inches wide and 24 feet long! And that's smaller than he originally wanted it!! This is where he will put the frames together and the mats will be stored in the bottom. You cant see it from this picture but there a little dividers all the way down!

Anyways...I know its been a long time since we posted so I thought I would just throw these pictures up really fast. But its midnight and I have a Downtown Merchants Meeting at 8:15 in the morning so I'm going to bed! I'll post more on whats been going on tomorrow....

GOOD NIGHT!!!

9 Comments:

  • Oh and by the way....the top of the bench is made from the flooring that was on the mezzonine!! Rember how dark and dirty it was!? (if not there are pictures on the left ;)) We planned it and the the carpenter put it on the top of the bench! :D

    By Blogger Kari, at April 11, 2007 12:36 AM  

  • Wow, how pretty is that workbench?!?! That is beautiful.
    BTW, Tim and I were wondering the other night how hour psychotherapy was going for your teeth grinding.
    You haven't mentioned it lately.
    Love ya
    Me

    By Blogger Tim and Melissa, at April 11, 2007 2:51 PM  

  • Love that plum color, you guys! It'll add a little touch of pop! amongst the cream colored walls and wood floors. That's really gonna be pretty. And I had no idea you two were so handy with a hammer and nails! Those racks look great, and your bench is just beautiful, Joe. You're on your way now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 11, 2007 6:59 PM  

  • Wow, when can I come paint!!! It is looking great. I am so very proud of you guys.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 12, 2007 5:51 AM  

  • looking good!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 12, 2007 6:46 PM  

  • When yall get done there, I have some remodeling to do... I called them first!!! ;)

    By Blogger Denise, at April 13, 2007 3:24 PM  

  • So lady what is that colour *English spelling that's how we spot Americans;0)* YOU FORCED poor Joe into letting you paint?? I know you ladies have your own special names for colours :0)

    By Blogger mirk, at April 13, 2007 6:29 PM  

  • Love it! I'm so happy for you both. The long, hard working hours will pay off. I hope you are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel or in your case large building. I wish I was nice and could volunteer to paint, but I can't see that happeing. You know, I'm the lazy sister. Congratulations!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 16, 2007 3:13 PM  

  • psychotherapy?? Dont know bout that...

    Christi, Thanks!! :) We still love the plum but we are going to change that cream color....we dont like it anymore :(

    Mema...anytime.......you just have to use a roller.....streaks show really bad on the wall...

    Thanks Dee :D

    Yeah sure mom....don't hold your breath.

    Mirk...I didn't really force Joe to let me paint that...just a little bit of begging.....And the color is Plum Brown....and btw you spell color wrong ;)

    Crystal....Thanks :) well I was seeing a light but....thanks to your brother the light keeps getting dimmer and dimmer......

    By Blogger Kari, at April 16, 2007 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge