Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

12.01.2007

We're Open!!



Well, we are Finally unofficially open for business!!! I turned the sign to Open at 5:00 Friday for the annual Holiday in Paris Art Walk. We had an okay turn out for the Art Walk, mainly family and a few couples we didn't know. And then had a great turn out for the Progressive Desserts after the Paris Community Theater's show. Joe and I didn't get home and in bed till 1:30AM!! I wish I had remembered to take a picture Wednesday night...It was a mess!!! We still had plastic hanging from the ceiling sheet-rock dust every where...walls still not painted and of course...no art in sight! We had Me, Joe, My mom & Dad, Joy & Joyce & Judy for a little bit, helping just clean up. The difference we made in just 2 hours was unreal that night!! A guy stopped in on Thursday (just walking by) and was curious what we were about to be putting in the building. I told him our plans with the Gallery & Frame shop, and then I told him we would be opening the very next day.........He just looked around gave me a funny look and said "oh....really???" Our mailman wasn't even sure I was going to make it!! But we did!! We didn't have any art out except a few of Jerry's sculptures and one of Brian's paintings ;). But we worked though the Art Walk and in the time between the Art Walk and Progressive Desserts and we got the rest of Jerry's stuff downstairs and got Brian's art all up on the walls. I'll get more pictures up in the next day or two so you can see how it looks!!

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge