Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

9.29.2007

Where has the time gone?!

I just realized yesterday that next week is October! Can you believe how fast time is flying!! Things have been crazy for me these past 3 months. Once I found out I was only going to be working 20 hours a week at the Chamber, my first thought was, YES! Finally some time to blog! ;) Oh, but the opposite happened, I seemed to have just as little down time as before! Yeah I had more time to be at home and work on the house, but still no time to catch up on everyone’s blogs and blog myself. Well one look at the calendar and I realized why……I’ve got Ambassador Meetings, Holiday in Paris, Leadership Lamar Classes, Tour de Paris, Paris Downtown Association, The Arts Downtown, Ribbon Cuttings, Jazzercise and Paris Main Street Board Meetings. I have somehow become one busy girl!! ;) But the thing that has taken all my time in the last week is a presentation I am getting ready for on Monday. I don’t know that I have been so nervous in a long time!! The presentation is for my Leadership Lamar Class. Each year the class does a project and we have a lot of people come in and tell us about different projects that we could do. Why so nervous you ask…you think I tell stories and stuff bad on here…well get me in front of a crowd just staring at me and listening to me and I ramble more than I do here!! But I’ve got all my facts down on paper (100% post consumer paper;) ) to pass out to the class and all my notes ready, so I think I should be okay! I’ll let yall know Monday night how I did. We wont make a decision for another week or more, so after a nervous presentation I have to wait at least a week to find out if anything is going to come of it, and I’m not a patient person! ☺

8 Comments:

  • You??? Not patient??? Where ever did you get that from... :) Lovya anyway...

    By Blogger Denise, at September 29, 2007 1:59 PM  

  • PS... Good luck on the presentation... I am sure you will do a wonderful job. Call me on your home...

    By Blogger Denise, at September 29, 2007 2:00 PM  

  • Good luck on your presentation Monday (we all know you will do an excellent job)!

    Aunt Darlene

    By Blogger Darlene, at September 29, 2007 6:09 PM  

  • You're gonna be great. You're making a huge difference in our city, you know that? I'm so proud of you, little sister! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 30, 2007 2:05 PM  

  • Lamar Classes?? Does that not explain the lack of time to busy ;)? Are congrats in order?

    By Blogger Finn, at September 30, 2007 6:41 PM  

  • Thanks for the good luck Mom and Aunt Darelene! :)
    I'm still a little nervous but I'm as ready as I'm going to be! :)

    Thanks Christi :)

    Cal...Leadership Lamar Classes not lamaze classes ;)
    We just learn about things going on in the community and have a project to give something back to the community :D

    By Blogger Kari, at September 30, 2007 8:30 PM  

  • I'm a man what do I know??

    err can you feel the heat from my red face down your way ;(

    By Blogger Finn, at October 01, 2007 5:20 PM  

  • lol....its alright Cal...I thought it seemed kinda hot here today!! ;)

    By Blogger Kari, at October 01, 2007 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge