Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

2.19.2007

This month so far...

Well I’ll keep the post really short tonight but just thought I would put in a quick update!
We’ve been really busy this month so far…I’ve got a new job (not the same one as the interview) and so I’ve been settling into that. And tonight at 8:55 we finished pulling up the floor and moving it all into the pile in the middle of the floor!!! I didn’t take any pictures tonight because we were tired and just ready to get home. We have a carpenter coming in on Saturday to start building all the walls and moving the right staircase to the left staircase so that the left staircase will come all the way from the loft to the business since the mezzanines will be out by Saturday (he needs the lumber to build the walls). After this week Joe and I won’t know what to do with ourselves!! Pretty much everything left to do downstairs is going to be done by a contractor. The carpenter is also bringing a planar (assuming I spelled that right…) which will sand down the planks of wood so we can lay them down and refinish them. I’ll try and get some pictures and get them up tomorrow. I’ll make a longer post about the new job and all the other boring stuff that’s been going on later…for now…I’m tired!! (And the fruit thing is going better...I had a kiwi tonight!!)

4 Comments:

  • Yippee!!!! A new post from SOMEBODY (and I include me in that too). Can't wait to hear about the new job. Didn't know anything about it. Congrats!!
    Can't wait to see pics too. We'll be up in March. Can't wait to see the place.
    Love ya

    By Blogger Tim and Melissa, at February 20, 2007 7:25 PM  

  • Wow! Things are cookin' now! I'm so proud of you guys; you've worked so hard. We'll stop by soon and check things out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 21, 2007 8:28 AM  

  • After this week Joe and I won’t know what to do with ourselves!!

    Yoga! :)

    I hope you're enjoying your new job!

    By Blogger Dan, at February 22, 2007 3:29 PM  

  • Yeah I really need to post about the new job...I promise that post will be coming soon ;)
    Cant Wait till yall get to come see it Sissy....
    And yoga...sounds like a good idea :D

    By Blogger Kari, at February 23, 2007 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge