Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

11.17.2006

Building Update

Salvation Army moved out completely on Thursday! They left the place really pretty clean!

Here is the view standing at the front door. Its just one big room now! You can even see the back door (the dark area right in the middle) All our supplies will be stored along the back right area and the back left is where Joe's saw will be. We are going to build walls for that area to keep all the saw dust cleaned up better. I dont know where we will have the mats and glass.


Here is a view standing in the back looking towards the front door. I think the frame and mat samples will be in the front right corner, but I'm not sure what Joe has decided.

This is the right side of the mezzanine. This is where we are going to have an art gallery.


This is the kitchen that is down stairs. Its not much but we will have our good kitchen upstairs.

We are going to start pulling peg board down this weekend and start painting next week while we are on vacation!

16 Comments:

  • Wow... they did leave it clean for ya. Glad to see that. Yall have been so anxious to get in and get started I am just glad you don't have to clean up after them first.

    By Blogger Denise, at November 18, 2006 12:11 PM  

  • Wow, that is awesome....at least you don't have to put as much work into the downstairs as you did the upstairs....as far as clean-up that is. Congrats...and here's to your future.

    By Blogger Tim and Melissa, at November 18, 2006 2:29 PM  

  • That's so awesome, you guys. So naturally there'll be some sort of discount given to family members on frames and whatnot, right? ;) I'm so happy for ya'll!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 19, 2006 8:37 PM  

  • Discounts only if you come work for at least....uh...3 hours!!! ;)
    Except for you Christi...you're not allowed to work, (you know the whole pregnancy thing) therefore Larr has to work 6 hours!

    By Blogger Kari, at November 19, 2006 9:14 PM  

  • Wow! Just imagine how many yoga mats you'll be able to fit in this room! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 20, 2006 6:40 PM  

  • Yeah Dan I've already thought of that!! :) I figured; hey we could rent this out to a yoga instructor who needs a place to have classes!!

    By Blogger Kari, at November 20, 2006 11:23 PM  

  • Well I didn't think ya'll were ever going to get to move in completly. I bet it is going to look pretty good when ya'll are done.

    By Blogger Larr, at November 21, 2006 7:11 AM  

  • Kari, GREAT idea! And, as an extra bonus, you'll convince the instructor to let you take all of his classes for free!

    How cool is that? Did all of your planets align, or something? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 21, 2006 4:26 PM  

  • Well of course Dan!! That would be part of the rent!!
    We got a lot of the peg board down and the carpet off the front display and stairs…
    We took today off and went to the Dallas Museum of Art for a Van Gough exhibit (my b-day gift from Joe)!! So hopefully a lot more will be done tomorrow!! We are running out of time!! Only 3 more days left of vacation!! Actually only two if you count the fact we won’t work much on Thanksgiving :)

    By Blogger Kari, at November 21, 2006 10:27 PM  

  • So, how much discount does family get for working 3 hours? I might have a couple of things to talk to you about.

    By Blogger Tim and Melissa, at November 22, 2006 1:14 PM  

  • With a shiny floor like that I'll not need my linoleum for my break-dancing :0)

    By Blogger mirk, at November 22, 2006 6:01 PM  

  • I wish I had two kitchens as I would make mirk use one of them and the other I would keep for myself and it would always be clean an mirk free.

    By Blogger Purr, at November 24, 2006 5:33 AM  

  • I have to agree with the title... that's pretty mundane. Well done. :)

    By Blogger Trebor Nevals, at December 08, 2006 10:57 PM  

  • Have a good Hogmanay tonight and a happy New Year to you and all yours when it comes. :0)

    By Blogger mirk, at December 31, 2006 7:27 AM  

  • Hi Kari! It's been a while ... a long while. Happy Holidays (whichever it was), Happy New Year and I hope you and Joe are keeping busy with the new place. Hugs and kisses.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 10, 2007 2:55 PM  

  • Kari, I'm getting you an iTunes GC. I'm serious. But you have to e-mail me so I know your e-mail address. My e-mail is in my profile.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 11, 2007 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge