Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

2.01.2007

Floor Pictures

Well here are the pictures I promised!
You can tell the progress by the air conditioner, it didn't move from picture to picture.





And the job interview went great....but I'm going to turn it down if they offer it to me. There were just to many negatives to it. 1st - I would have to quit the ambassador's club (we go to all the ribbon cuttings and grand openings around town). 2nd - I wouldn't be able to go back to school (they let the last girl go when she wanted to go back). 3rd - I would feel REALLY REALLY guilty when I quit here in a few years to work at the frame shop/photography studio (they want to hire someone who will "retire here" I'm only 23...I'm not ready to be in the job I'm going to retire in). 4th - NO benefits (selling insurance to other people but I wouldn't get any benefit its) Oh well...It would probably be a great place to work but it just wont work for my goals.

7 Comments:

  • That place just gets bigger and bigger every time I see it no wonder you were aching!

    As for the job situation you seem to be saying the exact same thing Purr is!!

    I think??? she is going to write about it next week she is on her hols so she has the time.

    By Blogger mirk, at February 03, 2007 5:46 PM  

  • What a woman!! You guys will have that place up and running in no time as long as you keep working at this rate, Kari! But then again, you sort of need the use of your limbs, so better cool it a bit. :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at February 03, 2007 8:20 PM  

  • Looking good!! I'm impressed. Amazing what you can get done with all that time on your hands,isn't it?
    Sissy

    By Blogger Tim and Melissa, at February 04, 2007 6:54 AM  

  • I'm just floored by your floor photos! :)

    Good to hear the interview went well but sad to hear it's really not for you. Better to know that now than later.

    By Blogger Dan, at February 05, 2007 1:56 PM  

  • Mirk - It gets bigger and bigger every time we start working on it!! I've got a part-time job right now that is allowing me to do work on the building so we can get the frame shop open! So I'm really happy with how things have worked out! I'm sure Purr will find something soon!!
    Christi - Yeah I've had to slow down since that sleepless night :( But I'm ready to get back at it now!!
    Sissy - I don’t really have that much time on my hands though...I really only had one day off.
    Dan - Thanks! We moved all the flooring to the bottom floor now so it looks really different already!! Yeah that would have been horrible if I didn’t know and then wanted to go to a ribbon cutting and nope...got to quite that! Or school...geesh…seriously who just doesn’t want to you to go to school??

    By Blogger Kari, at February 05, 2007 9:20 PM  

  • I meant....Who doesn't want you to go to school?? You'd think school would be more important at my age....:)

    By Blogger Kari, at February 05, 2007 10:48 PM  

  • Thinking about retiring is pretty hard when you are young!!

    By Blogger Ashley, at February 07, 2007 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge