Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

1.19.2006

Can You Justify War?

Here is a great article that I found that really says a lot about something I was trying hard to find. I highly recommend reading it.

The Bush Power Grab: How did it get this far?

I found it when I was searching for some articles about war and if war is justifiable and so forth. It’s interesting to note that in our recorded history there have only been about 400 years of peace. I also find it interesting that many Christians totally support war in general. They will justify it because of the terrible things that people do, for instance, using animals to test deadly poisons and other terrible things. Is war justifiable? I don’t think so…or at least, I don’t think I think so… Yes, there are a lot of terrible things in the world, but collateral damage is as just a terrible if not more so. But even if there was no collateral damage, I believe I would still think there are more reasonable ways to handle the injustice in the world. What do you think?

1 Comments:

  • I can't recall hearing the argument against war worded any better than Wendell Berry does in his essay, "The Failure of War.

    It's an excellent way to spend ten minutes of your day.

    "How many deaths of other people’s children by bombing or starvation are we willing to accept in order that we may be free, affluent, and (supposedly) at peace? To that question I answer: None. Please, no children. Don’t kill any children for my benefit."

    By Blogger Brian Rhea, at January 29, 2006 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge