Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

1.10.2006

ExperiMENTAL Bliss

Well, it's a new year and I have yet to keep any of my new years resolutions. Perhaps next year I'll do the smart thing and tell people my new years resolution is to not need any new years resolutions, I do much better without them.

Wow my stomach is going crazy, it sounds like a freight train.

I've come to the conclusion that I don't know what I'm talking about 90% of the time. I think it has to do with all of the Christian radio broadcasts that I've been listening to, they seem to make things sound so literal and matter of factly. I'm sorry, but if in fact I do go to Heaven, I wont be living in a house of precious stones, like jewels and sapphires and diamonds and what not and the streets will not be made of Gold. I don't like Gold.

I learned today that the Devil was created by God as a perfect Angel, but because of Pride or an iniquity, God cast the Devil out of Heaven. So the Devil now has all of this power on Earth. Basically, the Devil or Lucifer (something about being Light) wanted some of what God was getting because he didn't think it was fair that God should get it all. So God makes mistakes I guess? Nah. Seems to me he doesn't make mistakes, why say perfect means perfectly good? But why would God create a creature that is perfectly Evil? Why would God create a creature that is Perfectly Good? Really makes you think about the Chinese philosphy of Yin and Yang again, eh?

So here's a theory. What if God created mankind so as to Live through us, because he could not live as we do because he is God. Because God is everything and therefore cannot experience anything without creating it and becoming it? So perhaps we are of God and God is of Us, yes? Without one, you cannot have the other. Perhaps then God is also Lucifer with free will?
Does everything God create have free will? Does free will mean that we can do what we want whenever we want, but must report to God what it's like to do what we do because we are in fact his creation and as a creation we are to provide a conscious response to certain stimuli? Kind of like in an experiment. Is God the ultimate Chemist? Sure stands to Reason. He's the ultimate everything.

We are all unique and have a purpose, we are of the same importance as anyone else in the universe, equally, despite who you are. A piece of trash on the side of the road has just as much importance in the cosmic scheme of things as do the Trump Towers or the White House. Everything belongs where it is, despite where it might end up. Where in fact it will belong again.

I think that's just another thing wrong with Life. People believe that they aren't important as some other people because of fame or fortune or whatever the circumstance that has befallen other individuals, when in fact, they are just as important in the whole scheme of things, in the whole of the universe.

Was Moses more important than the slaves? No.

Is one grain of sand less important then all of the money in the world? No. Because it belongs there.

So I guess once the experiment is over, we'll be injected into the body of God so he might test his new drug on himself. I sure hope we work and not kill him!

1 Comments:

  • Joe,

    Well said! I have to admit that I sometimes make the mistake of attributing different levels of importance to people. Usually, it has everything to do with their degree of influence. Because on the one hand, you know what? the President of the United States just might be more important than, say, a toll booth operator.

    But, as you point out, this is truly a mistake. The positions may have different degrees of power and influence, but the people in those positions are nothing less than equal with regard to eternity. Ironically, that's empowering.

    By Blogger Brian Rhea, at January 13, 2006 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge