Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

9.05.2006

Story of our life!

Well Josiah decided to take a shot at the sign...I've been ready for it to come down for a while. So on Sunday Joe climbed up on top of the awning...and went to work! We mainly wanted to find out if the brick behind the sign was painted or not. Well Joe was able to pull the away from the wall and didn’t see green so we got a little excited because we thought he was seeing brick. But no....here is what we found........

Yes...ANOTHER SIGN!!!!! :( Another stinking sign!!! We only took down enough to expose the "O" and were just so frustrated we just went ahead and put everything up and went home....So there it is...the story of our lives.....nothing is as easy as you think its going to be...there will always be something else...
Oh well....I'll just have to complain a little bit more to get Joe to get the second sign down :D

6 Comments:

  • Hi Kari!

    I found your blog by following a link from Mirk's (formerly Tass's) blog. There are approximately 89 bizillion blogs out there so I let Tass ... er ... Mirk visit them all and then tell me about the good ones.

    I looked at this photo of the exposed "O" and it reminded me immediately of the logo of the company for which I work: Lucent.

    No!!!! Don't remind me of work!!! :-)

    Keep up the great work. I enjoyed your photos. I have loads too, linked to from my own blog.

    Dan

    By Blogger Dan, at September 05, 2006 9:07 PM  

  • So, what did the O stand for? All I ever remember being in that building was "Swaims" something-or-other. A little bit of history yet again unveiled. :)

    By Blogger Tim and Melissa, at September 06, 2006 2:38 PM  

  • Hey, it's all about the "O", right? Ha-ha-ha!!! I kill me!!! Just try to think of all the funny stories you'll have to look back on years from now when your loft is finished and gorgeous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 06, 2006 5:26 PM  

  • sad thing is though....we've only done 2 things...and we already have 2 "funny" stories :)

    By Blogger Kari, at September 07, 2006 1:41 PM  

  • Btw Sissy, we arent sure what the O stands for yet...all we can see right now is the o...but it probably says "Office Supply Store" or something to that effect...

    By Blogger Kari, at September 07, 2006 1:42 PM  

  • Another sign that you will probably wish to remove is the old link on your page to my old blog for some reason it now links to a rather unsavory site ;-( thought you would like to ken.

    By Blogger mirk, at September 09, 2006 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge