Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

6.13.2006

And so it begins...

We started working on the loft Sunday! We didn’t do much at all really…I just got everything out of the middle of the floor and swept. Its amazing the difference just a little bit of cleaning will do. Joe started pulling down the peg board that is covering the side walls. He also started working on pulling up the tile floor stuff. Of course it didn’t come up as easily as we had hoped! Why would it?! So we didn’t get very far at all with that. I am going to start gathering up all the info I need to start getting to ready to talk to the historic society. For those of you who don’t know there is a group of people here in Paris that can tell you what to do and what not to do with your own, historic, property. Now I totally get that they want to keep everything historic but sometimes they can go over board and don’t let you do something because they personally don’t like it. We ran into problems with them at StarNet when we did remolding, but I can tell you they aren’t going to push me around with our building like they did StarNet. Although I really don’t see us having any problems considering everything we are wanting to do is going to be taking it back to the historical look they are going for. The only thing we are going to have a problem with is going to be the brick. Right now it is painted green….UGLY Green! (What is it with me and Joe running into ugly green paint colors….) We want to sandblast it and try to get the paint off to take it back down to the original brick color…but how easy it will be to convince them that is the right thing to do and how good it will work is a different story. The only other major thing we are wanting to do is open the windows back up….and tell me why in the world would they have a problem with that?? I just can’t wait to get started!!! We have stopped working on our house now since we are pretty much done so Saturday we got to just sit around for the first time in a LONG time. Joe enjoyed it, he took a nap, but me….well….to tell you the truth I was absolutely totally and utterly bored out of my mind!!! I don’t like to just sit around and not do anything you know…I like doing stuff. But I know once we get started working and doing all this hard work all over again I am going to wish we were done!
I'll add some pictures along the side tonight or tomorrow. Keep an eye out for em..

4 Comments:

  • can't wait to see pictures and good luck with the historic society. I have friends who have had some dealings with them - pretty scary power. Dee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 14, 2006 6:36 AM  

  • Pictures!! Can't wait to see what all has been done so far. I hope the linoleum comes up fairly easy. Sounds like it is going to be a tough job.

    By Blogger Denise, at June 15, 2006 8:07 AM  

  • I ALMOST wish I was there to help with the clean up....notice I said ALMOST.
    Can't wait to see the progress when we are up there in August.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 16, 2006 9:19 PM  

  • You guys are so dedicated. That place will be ready in no time! We've been in our house for like 6 years and our bathroom is still pink. Can't wait to see it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 16, 2006 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge