Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

6.10.2008

The Balmoral Beach Collection

Well we FINALLY had our first event at the gallery this past Saturday!!! We had an art showing for Gerald Hutchings. Gerald brought his stuff by one day just to see what I thought about it and see if we would be interested in having a show. I knew right away that I didn’t care what Joe thought...I wanted to have a show!! Just the few pieces he brought that first day were awesome!! I LOVED them! Gerald & Laura (his wife) had been to Australia to visit her daughter and while they were there Gerald took extreme close-ups of the rocks along the Balmoral Beach, which was 15 minutes from their house. He brought 42 or 43 pieces and we had an artist reception for him from 4:00-8:00 on June 7th. It was a lot of fun! And I didn't get to stressed getting ready for the event other than the AC fiasco. We were getting our AC installed and the AC people knew about the event and that it had to be done by Friday. So they are going along just fine...I'm just fine...no stress..................but then the ac guy comes and tells me...."well we are ready for electricity". I just kind of looked at him and was like...."okay.....do it...." "Well our quote didn't include the electrical work....." Okay...no big deal, I'll give Doug a call and he will come get it in and installed and running for us in no time right.... WRONG!!! Turns out the AC guys installed AC units there are bigger than our breaker boxes. (Yeah....figure that one out!!) So I'm told Thursday afternoon that there is no way there will be AC on Saturday. So of course I freak out call Joe pissed off and just generally in a bad mood...as I'm sure you can imagine. Anyways....we set up a lot of fans and left the small window unit in the back of the building running and it works just fine. No one really said anything about the temperature and those who did know said it didn't seem that bad in here, so I felt better :) But other than that the week went fine and the event was a success! We haven’t sold any of his pieces yet, but you never sale anything the first night...people think about it then come back later, so I’m waiting for them. And I've got one picked out for the loft!! Judy took pictures during the reception so I'll get those posted up here later.So our first big show went off great and I'm already looking forward to our next one...hint hint Brian ;)

4 Comments:

  • And an awesome show it was, too! I was so proud of the job you guys did in putting it together and displaying everything. Gerald's art wasn't half bad either! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 10, 2008 6:58 PM  

  • It was indeed awesome!!! Ya'll did a great job and loved the art as well....just wish we had the funds available to purchase one...and no I am sorry but we are not going to cancel our disney world trip!! :) Looking forward to the next show.

    By Blogger Larr, at June 11, 2008 2:33 PM  

  • Congrats, Kari....sure wish I could have been there. Can't wait to see the pictures. I'll definitely be at B's art show. Can we say July 4th weekend?
    Sissy

    By Blogger Tim and Melissa, at June 11, 2008 7:13 PM  

  • Thanks Larr & Christi :) I'm so happy you guys were able to make it!! It was a lot of fun!! And come on...Disney World over Art.....really??? ;)

    Thanks Sissy :) I cant wait till you guys to come see everything too! I dont know when we will have one for Brian...dont see the July 4th happneing thouhg ;)

    By Blogger Kari, at June 13, 2008 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge