Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

1.22.2008

We're Still Here!

Yes, we are still here! Time is just flying by this year!! Its almost the end of January already!! So what has been going on in the Daniel household since the last post? Well obviously there were the holidays…which all went by great...never really felt like Christmas this year for some reason...but what ya gonna do? Then of course there is the shop...I'm there all day every day now. I keep thinking I will be able to get back to blogging since I'm alone all day, but there is actually a lot to do! :) Well then there is also all the committee meetings and then there was Max :)

Joe & I got to be foster parents for 5 days. Max was a Golden Retriever that was found in our neighborhood on Christmas Day. Long story short...it was either us take him or he was going to the shelter, and I wasn’t going to let that happen, so we got him! He was so sweet and playful and I wanted to keep him so bad, but we don't have a big enough back yard for him and he would have eaten us out of house and home!! I finally found him a home with a friend of mine!

Well now we are getting ready to leave for Vegas Friday morning!! We are going to a Framing Convention at the Hilton. We are staying at the Sahara and will be there until the 30th. Then we will head home and stop at the Grand Canyon...which at first I was really really looking forward to...but then I got to thinking...its going to be REALLY REALLY COLD!! So I've got two scarves lots of sweaters thick thick socks and gloves!! I should be okay...but we'll see!

And some sad news...I did my usual visit to broadway.com (Someday I will get to go...until then Broadway.com is my little fix) and on the home page is the news....No, the news of Clay Aikin staring in SPAMalot, that just makes me sick...no the sad news is this... " After 12 amazing years on Broadway, the beloved musical hit Rent is closing. Now you've got less than 525,600 minutes to see it again!" Rent is closing!!! And I won't get to see it! June 1st is the closing date and I know it won't be until next year (if that soon) before I get to go! So no Rent and Clay Aikin in SPAMalot....if only I could go back in time!! All I can hope for is Clay Aikin will be gone....there will still be no Rent...but there will still be Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, Lion King & others!

Well I've got to get to packing!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge