Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

12.10.2007

Give Peace A Chance

Saturday, December 8th, was the anniversary of the death of John Lennon. While I didn't make time to post about the anniversary I did think about it. Mainly I thought of John, what would he be like today? Would he be making the rounds with Yoko to hotel rooms across America? Would we be standing outside in groups singing "Give Peace a Chance"? Would we see more "War Is Over If you Want It" billboards around the states? And how thick would his FBI file be today???

Just a week before that on November 30th was the anniversary of George Harrison's death in 2001. On that day I remembered where I was when I heard he had passed away from cancer. I was driving home from school when it came on the radio and yes...I did cry a little bit.

Luckily we still have music from these men that will live on forever, and continue to inspire us and future generations.

5 Comments:

  • Great post Kari. {{{ HUGS }}}

    I was talking to Laura recently about how, as my life progresses, my favorite Beatle seems to mirror where I am in my life.

    When I was a kid, Paul and his catchy and happy tunes was my favorite. In college and for some time after, John and his cynical angry songs was my favorite. Within the last five years, George with is spiritual songs of enlightenment has become my favorite.

    Haven't yet gotten to Ringo. :)

    Thanks for posting this Kari. The Beatles are still my all-time favorite group. And their solo material is still some of the best music ever.

    By Blogger Dan, at December 10, 2007 8:58 PM  

  • I've always loved the Beatles as a group and really liked the few songs I had heard by John when he went solo...but I just recently really got into their solo careers, and I love it all!! :D

    Even though its practically the same 9 words over and over and over I cant listen to "Give Peace A Chance" enough!!!

    By Blogger Kari, at December 11, 2007 10:59 AM  

  • I saw the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show (and I don't mean on TV land - I mean when the show was actually ON tv!)The first record player I ever had was a little pink box that opened up to become a 45 rpm record player and when my Dad got it for me he also got me three records and one of them was the Beatles - one side was "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and the other was "Big Girls Don't Cry". How's that for a walk down retro lane! I love "Give Peace a Chance" but my favorites are probably "She's Leaving Home" and "Blackbird". Oh man, next I'll be dragging out all my old Crosby ,Stills ,Nash and Young!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 21, 2007 9:48 PM  

  • I was told when you can't say anything good don't say anything at all. So I'm keeping me gob shut ;)... me keep my gob shut yeah right!

    Sorry the Beatles never did anything for me and I can't work out why even young things [wooo that was the good thing I said]like you, like them so much?

    I sincerely hope that Dans life does not continue to mirror maca's or Laura will take him for every penny he has... mind you... you women do that to us as soon as you meet us, we poor men don't stand a chance ;) :)))

    If i don't make it back due to the wife killing me for this comment, seasons greetings and all the best to you and Joe. :)

    By Blogger Finn, at December 23, 2007 5:43 PM  

  • Kari- sorry I've not been by in a few weeks, but its been crazy busy. Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas

    -Rick

    By Blogger Rick Rockhill, at December 24, 2007 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge