Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

5.20.2006

It's Official!!


Closing was on Tuesday for the Old Swaim Hardware building! Hopefully the Salvation Army will be moving out soon so we can get to work on getting the downstairs ready for the Framing Studio and the upstairs ready for our loft!!


We went ahead and put a For Sale sign in the front yard! We are going to try and sale it ourselves first and maybe get a realtor later.

We went on the Loft Tours downtown this afternoon and I have become VERY excited about getting our future residence livable. I was nervous about the whole move at first but now that I have seen other people do it and have seen how much we can do I'm eager! There really is SO MUCH we can do!! Joe is Really excited about refinishing the floors. The original wood is still there!!
One person had a deck on the roof just like what I want so I know it can be done!! A few others had a sun room type thing which we can do in the back room once we unbrick all the windows! I will of course get pictures of the loft once we start cleaning it up and stuff and post them on here for everyone to see!

5 Comments:

  • I too am so excited for yall & can't wait for work to get started!! Hopefully the Daniel home will be on the loft tour if not next year, in a few years to come. Congrats & Good luck!! Happy Anniversary also!!! XOXO

    By Blogger Denise, at May 21, 2006 2:30 PM  

  • Very exciting! I'm so happy for ya'll; I know how much you wanted this. If anyone can turn that loft into something special, it's you guys!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 21, 2006 4:10 PM  

  • WHAT??!?!?!?!? I haven't heard any of this. Someone tell me what's going on?

    By Blogger Tim and Melissa, at May 26, 2006 7:24 AM  

  • soooo cool - can't wait to see pics of the progress. Very good friends of mine own Back In Time on the square and i will let them know that you guys need some free ice cream cone tickets while you're working! Dee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 02, 2006 7:32 AM  

  • Well, I am a little late in commenting. I did read about it earlier. Since I missed your private tour last Saturday, when do I get to tour. I am excited about it also. I will be looking for someone to sell your house to also.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 10, 2006 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge