Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

4.28.2006

The Best Cure


I wasn’t going to bring this topic up, because I know most would disagree with me, but here goes anyways…feel free to disagree.

I couldn’t have said it better myself. "At the end of the day, the best cure for high gas prices is high prices." It forces us to either come up with another, hopefully cleaner, method of propulsion, or to get use to curbing our “Addiction”.

Addiction or necessity, to me it doesn’t matter, we have too long become complacent in the idea that our ‘civilized’, ‘we’re the best’, ‘we deserve more’, ‘bigger is better’ attitude has finally got to come to an end. This mindset has plagued our culture for far too long. It’s time we all just grow up… Sure high gas prices hurt, but what’s more hurtful, high gas prices, or our whiny national attitude? I wonder what Europe thinks about us and our ‘high gas prices’. Don’t they pay around 7 or 8 dollars a gallon there?

5 Comments:

  • well said...we need a JFK-esque, "We're going to the moon before the end of the decade" kind of declaration from our President, "We'll be energy independent in ten years. Not because it is easy, but because it is hard. Also, it's better for the planet, geopolitics and our wallets. Heh heh. Nucular."

    If Brazil can do it, we can do it. My humble suggestion: if the declaration hasn't been made by 2008, vote Democrat.

    By Blogger Brian Rhea, at April 30, 2006 11:27 PM  

  • Joe,

    Just curious...what are your thoughts on the proposed $100 payout from the Gov?

    By Blogger Brian Rhea, at May 02, 2006 10:30 PM  

  • Dad,

    I hear you on putting your money where your mouth is. But, I don't think you're the only one. I think it's cool that you've got a hybrid, and trust me, if there is a Corolla hybrid when mine finally bites the dust, that's what I'll replace it with.

    And speaking of, when we did get a new car, gas mileage was one of our key considerations and a) if there had been a hybrid Matrix, we would've bought that, and b) if there hadn't been a 8-month wait on the Prius we would've considered that as well. We didn't consider the Honda for several reasons, the first being that I remember Joe being disappointed in his and the second is that we needed something with cargo space and a 34mpg Matrix is better than a pickup.

    I'm also with you on using what's available in the market and surely the demand for hybrids and other high MPG cars will steer manufacturers in that direction.

    By Blogger Brian Rhea, at May 04, 2006 2:01 PM  

  • my next new vehicle... someday anyway... http://www.fordvehicles.com/escapehybrid/home/

    By Blogger Denise, at May 04, 2006 6:36 PM  

  • Well I can't say anything...don't like the high gas prices but I am gonna git me a truck.

    By Blogger Larr, at May 05, 2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge