Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

10.17.2005

Kari's First Pumpkin

Hard to believe isn’t it. A 21 year old has never carved a pumpkin. Yeah I have got pumpkins and painted cute little faces on them but that’s not carving! So when Larr and Christi mentioned carving pumpkins at their house for Halloween I was all for it! Once we got to their house I picked my deadly diva design and got to it! I could have done without having to pull the innards of the pumpkin out...that was pretty nasty...but other than that I had a blast! Joe had a good time too and flew through his scary skull design. I finally finished mine after everyone else had already put the lights in there's...see for my first pumpkin ever the design I went with ended up being a "difficult." But I finally finished it and we all got to light them up and take pictures! I think we have decided to do this again next weekend and I can’t wait!!


Let the fun begin!

Larr did the cool spooky castle and Christi did the Cute Ghost!


Joe's Scary Skull!


My Deadly Diva!

3 Comments:

  • Kari, I'm truly honored that your first pumpkin carving experience could be with us. And your deadly diva rocks, too!! Can't wait to do it again!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 17, 2005 9:55 PM  

  • They all look really great!!! Can't wait to see the next ones...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 18, 2005 11:02 AM  

  • Wow!! I am 77 years young and I have never carved a pumpkin. Don't intend to. They are great, hope I get to see them at night all lit up. Great job, both of you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 18, 2005 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge