Header taken from "Messenger" - Art by Kurt Vonnegut

Well we've been open for a while now & already had our first Art Show. It was a great success & I can't wait to have more! We've got more cleaning up in the back half of the bottom floor that we should be finished with soon & then we can start on the top floor, again. Our goal is to remodel the small bathroom that is already upstairs, so that we can go ahead and move in! So in about 6 months, we should be living Downtown!!

The Loft
 
Before & After
 
Our Wedding

 

10.16.2005

A lot of Nothing

Well the internet won’t connect so I am just typing this up in word and I will post later :)Today was day one my week long vacation!! I started off by cleaning up around house waiting on mom to get over here to help me start painting the ugly lime green exterior of the house! We started probably around like 10:00 I think. Mom had the Light Sage Green paint which went on the shutters around the windows and the columns, and I had Sycamore Tan which is the main color of the house. I’ll post a couple of pictures I took during the painting process :) I hope to have all the painting done by the end of this week, that probably wont actually happen, but hey a girl can dream cant she. I also want to get some molding stained that has been sitting in the garage for a long time. It’s just a little bit to go in the entry way but at least one more thing will be cleaned out of that storage place we call a garage…the car wont even fit in it so I’m not sure it qualifies as a garage right now. And of course during my little breaks throughout the day I hope to be able to get online and make this little thing look a bit fancier!Joe started a new job last week! He is now working at PISD as one of their tech guys. He seems to be enjoying it now; at least he comes home in a better mode at the end of the day. But I’ll let him do a posting to tell you all about that!We are FINALLY getting dish tomorrow!!! I know it’s a petty little thing to get excited about but I haven’t been able to just sit and watch tv for like 3 months, unless you count all the Seinfeld and Friends episodes we have on DVD, that we have both already seen plenty of times, or the movies that we have watched at least 3 times now. I’m ready to watch something new! :) I’ve decided to blame my TV withdrawals on Joe. I used to watch TV, yeah, but it was just stuff to watch nothing I really watched regularly, but right before we moved into the new house Joe got me watching all these silly cartoons like Super Milk Chan, and Inyuasha, and all those other cartoons that come on Cartoon Network at night, AKA Adult Swim. Those are the shows I am really starting to miss. We went to Josiah’s parents yesterday and they had on Family Guy and I just wanted to sit down and listen to the football head baby talk like the little genius he is! I really miss that baby! But as soon as the Dish guy gets there, which is in the time frame of 8:00-12:00, and finishes his job, which could take up to 5 hours, (good thing I don’t have anything to do that day) then I will be able to set that little DVR to record the Futurama team and the Dragon Ball Z crew! :) Well I guess I better sign-off now. Got another big day of painting ahead of me!


The garage doors now Sycamore Tan!The trm around the doors will be light sage green!



The entry way is now Sycamore Tan also.The green on the shudder is the light sage green.The green on the post in the foreground is the green that we are painting over.Our new green is much more muted and much much better! :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi    

Plastic Bags Consumed This Year

Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge